AUG. 29, 2016
On Tuesday the Primary Election’s will be over and then we will know who the Republican and other Party Candidates will be. Hopefully on Tuesday Linda Prescott will be elected as Hernando County School Board Member. By the time you read this that decision will be made unless none of the Candidates running in District # 2 gets a majority of the votes. If not, then the election will be on Tuesday November 8th. Linda needs your help and your support, both financially and physically.
If you haven’t been to the Democratic Headquarters lately you should stop by and take a look at the make-over job done by the new Officers of the Democratic Club. I want to thank them for all the work they have done. They have moved thing around so much I get lost trying to find things. We have added two more phone lines and have made it much better to make phone calls. On Saturday of this week we had a good group of Democrats at the headquarter making phone calls. There was a need to get all the mail-in ballots back to the Supervisor of Elections office by the end of the day on Tuesday. I want to thank everyone who was there making those calls. It was a job well done.
During October we will probably be doing a lot of door to door visiting to talk to the Voters directly and give you information concerning the candidates. Above all we want you to VOTE and we will be asking for your vote.
Once the Primary Election is over we will get back into our program of trying to get the VOTERS to request a Mail-in Ballot. This is the most convenient way to vote. If you are not well or if the weather is bad on November 8th you will have your vote cast and that is what we need done. Democrats MUST vote in this election. There is too much at stake not to vote.
The Hernando County Democratic Executive Committee (HCDEC) is going to do everything possible to turn Hernando County Blue which means:
- Elect Candidate Clinton as President Hillary Clinton of these United States.
- Elect the Democratic Candidate for Senate. We must win back control of the Senate and eliminate Mitch McConnell as Leader in the Senate.
- Elect Dave Koller as our Congressman for District 11. We need more House Democrats in order for the elected President to accomplish the Democratic Principals
- Elect Ramon Gutierrez as our State Representative
- Elect Diane Rowden, Jimmy Lodato and Paul Douglas as our County Commissioners – Democrats need more representation on the County Commission.
- Elect Debra Myers as the Supervisor of Election – We must stop the suppression of voting rights in this County.
- Elect Jeff Huffman as Property Appraiser – We need fair and equal appraisals which means fair and equal taxation in the long run. Jeff would accomplish this when elected.
These are all good candidates and well qualified to perform the job they are seeking in this election.
I know some of you are getting a little annoyed by getting so many political phone calls but bear with it for another 70 days and it will be all over. In most of the Gated Communities in Hernando County phone calls, email and U.S. Mail are the only ways the Candidates and the Democratic Party can communicate with you. The U.S. Mail is too expensive and we cannot put out yard signs so it leaves phone calls and computer emails as the only way we can communicate. We ask for your indulgence and your help in this matter.
We are asking for your financial help in order that Democrats can win these elections. Click HERE and make a donation. There are over 42,000 registered democrats here in Hernando County and if everyone would contribute just $1.00 we would be able to do a good job. However, you and I both know that will never happen. So please contribute what you can. Five dollars a month would be great. I don’t know about you but I probably waste more than that so please help.